Starting November 8, Christ Community Church will be offering Wednesday night church services at 6:30pm. This Wednesday night service will be called, 'REFUEL'. This service will have prayer, preaching/teaching, and communion and will last an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes. As of yet (and because we're in the beginning of this new adventure) we may, or may not, have music consistently, tech, or traditional children's ministry. But we will focus on renewing our minds and having God refresh our spirit through the teaching of the Word and through fellowship.
Why are we providing this? In short, we need it...We live in such a dark world that is getting darker and at the same time is pulling people away from God in various ways. This world needs the light of Jesus Christ. Wednesday night Church services are a way to be that light and to add to the existing light. The more light we provide, the better off we and our community will be. Matthew 5:14-16 ESV, “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father Who is in Heaven."
series: PEACE FOR TODAY- Discover how to use God's timeless principles to overcome anxiety & worry so you can have peace in your life.
- What's this Wednesday night service about? It's about spiritually refueling. It's about increasing our Biblical literacy. It's about taking every opportunity we can to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ and making that opportunity available to anyone and everyone. There are lots of options out there... It's about knowing you have the option to know and worship God together with others in the middle of the week.
- Who's this service for? Anyone and everyone: people who can't attend on Sunday mornings, people who've never been to church, church members, family members, friends, co-workers... whoever can attend.
- What if I have children? Because this is a new step for us, we're taking things one step at a time. So, please feel free to have your children sit with you during the service. There are many plus sides to that- one would be that children learn by watching. They'll get to see and participate in the service. If you feel you need to keep them occupied with coloring, drawing, etc., not a problem. They'll be in a safe, God-honoring atmosphere. If they cry or yell out, we're ok with that. Should the Lord provide the option for traditional Children's ministry in the future, we'll make a prayerful decision about that.
- Will there be instrumental music & song? Again, because this is a new step for us, we're taking things one step at a time. If the Lord provides that, we will welcome it.
- What kind of teaching will be covered? Like Sundays, nothing will be left off the table and the Bible will be preached & taught. The teaching will still be expositional; the Bible will be explained and practical application will be given. There will be times when we cover a book of the Bible verse by verse, or we'll cover a specific topic with exposition of Scripture that covers the topic, or there may be times when we cover several topics (again, expositionally) via a Multi Topic Wednesday night or a Q & A session (much like our Fireside Chats).
- How long will each service last? About an hour.
- What do I wear? Come as you are.
This is a wonderful opportunity for you and our community. Invite your friends, family, co-workers... anyone you know that can't come to church on Sunday or may be unsure about coming to church. If you have any questions or you'd like to serve in any capacity, let us know via the email or the phone # below. Above all, because this is new for all of us, I'd like to ask you to please be in prayer about this.
John 8:12 ESV, 'Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”'